All that talk about cereal in my last post got my wheels turning! Granola was always my favorite cereal! I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So I started going through my cabinets to see what was available and ta da! Cinnamon Apple Granola was born! Eat it as is for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack. Or serve it up with milk!
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 apples chopped (I did not peel mine, but if you prefer them peeled go for it)
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbs unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop the apples and add them to a large bowl.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the apples and mix well.
- Add the melted coconut oil and applesauce to the dry ingredients and mix until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spread the cinnamon apple granola on the parchment paper in one layer.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes, stirring once to keep the granola on the outer edges from burning.
- Let cool completely and eat up or serve with milk.
- I’m not sure how well this keeps, since we ate it all through the course of one day. I think it may become too soft if you attempt to store it.
Looking for another apple breakfast? Try my Paleo baked apple oatmeal.