I’ve finally found a great place to buy meat that I can trust. And it’s affordable, thanks to groupon! Yay! This place sells local meat only, and you can visit the farms they buy from to ask questions! I’m planning to do that with my friends and our kids soon. I haven’t always bought organic, grass-fed, all that good stuff products. Yes, I have bought conventional beef, chicken, etc. sometimes that was all that was available to me. And even when I thought I was eating the best product at the grocery store that wasn’t always the case. Like this article that truly angers me. This is actually one of the places I shop. Sometimes it’s hard to know what we are truly getting unless we go to the source. It can be frustrating. However, I don’t want anyone to think that they can’t eat Paleo if they are buying conventional meat. Do what you can. We all don’t have access, time to seek out, or finances to buy certain products. However, personally buying better quality meats is becoming more and more important to me. I’m just happy I found a place to support my local farmers! Is this an important issue for you?
You will be using your Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer
awesome for this recipe. You can also slice up the sweet potatoes instead. A spiralizer just makes it a bit easier.
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 and ¾ cups water
- 2 Tbs sherry
- ½ pound grass fed ground beef
- ½ sweet onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms (half of a package)
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ tsp sage
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper up to taste
- 3 sweet potatoes
- ½ Tbs coconut oil
- Add 1 -2 Tbs of coconut oil to a skillet or griddle and turn to medium heat.
- Spiralize the sweet potatoes using a single blade. (I don’t peel my potatoes)
- Add them to to the coconut oil and cook until they start to brown, flipping them occasionally.
- Add ½ cup of water to a large pot and turn to high.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and add to the pot of water. When it starts to boil lower the heat to medium, cover, and cook 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- While that is cooking add the ground beef and chopped onions to a large skillet.
- After about 5 minutes, add the chopped mushrooms to the meat and onions.
- Cook until the meat is completely browned.
- When the cauliflower is done, add ¾ to 1 and ¼ cups of water (depending on how thick you want the stroganoff to be. Start with ¾ cup of water and blend adding more water if desired. Also add the sherry and spices before blending.
- Blend very well using a blender or immersion blender. Blend until it’s creamy.
- Add the beef, onion, and mushroom mixture to the blended cauliflower and spices and stir well.
- Serve over the sweet potatoes. Enjoy!
This would also be a great recipe for breakfast over sweet potato muffins.