I’m not going to write much today because it’s beautiful out and I want to soak up as much of the daylight as possible! So I’ll just leave you with this fun recipe for St. Patrick’s Day! If you’ve ever cooked with sunflower butter, you know that when it’s mixed with baking soda it will turn green. The first time this happened to me I thought what I made went bad and didn’t eat it. Then I did a little research to discover this natural reaction between these two ingredients is perfectly safe and makes a great treat for St. Patrick’s Day.
Serve these St. Patty Cakes up for a fun breakfast!
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup sunflower seed butter
- Salt to taste (unless your sunflower butter has salt, then omit)
- 1 Tbs raw honey melted
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and mix well.
- Cover your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon the batter on the parchment paper.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Makes 12-16 depending upon size.
Kale chips are the perfect green food for St. Patrick’s Day!