I’m excited to emerge outdoors for lengthy periods of time again. I feel like I’ve been hibernating. When I’m stuck inside so much I usually start thinking of projects to do in the house. I love a great project! I get a little obsessive. The hubs and I were just talking about how we hardly ever use our nice dining room table, since we have an eat in kitchen as well. So he suggested donating the table in our eat in kitchen and moving our dining room table there. That’s all he needed to say and my mind started running. I sketched out several ideas for how we could revamp our dining room! By that weekend I was painting the dining room. I told you…obsessive! However, my husband and I couldn’t agree on the paint color so we did a facebook poll. We painted three walls a light cream color and wanted to paint the fourth wall an accent color. I wanted a blueish green color and he wanted a bright yellow. We thought the poll would help us with our decision. We even posted pictures of the colors. Guess who won? I know I thought I was going to win too, but we tied! I think it was rigged. He loves to win. Since we tied, we decided to ditch both colors and go with green! We were keeping in the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day!
For the room he asked me what purpose this room would have and I explained my vision of an office, organizational storage, and a place for the kids to do their homework when they get home from school. That way their homework wouldn’t be spread out all over our dining room table. My husband chuckled and said that I was being nostalgic. I on the other hand think I’m being practical! I guess we will just agree to disagree on this one.
What kind of treats do you have planned for St. Patrick’s Day? Try out this yummy leprechaun pistachio pudding sure to please all the little leprechauns around!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup pistachios (out of the shell)
- 1 Tbs arrowroot
- 2 Tbs raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup spinach
- Add the pistachios to a food processor and chop until fine or a little chunky if you prefer.
- Remove the pistachios and add the coconut milk, spinach, and egg to the food processor or a blender. Mix until the spinach is completely smooth.
- Add the green mixture to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the honey, arrowroot, and pistachios whisking well to remove any lumps.
- Keep whisking until the mixture starts to bubble and thicken (about 3-5 minutes).
- Store in the refrigerator until it’s cool and serve.
Looking for another green treat that’s quick and easy? Serve up this green applesauce for a St. Patrick’s Day side.