Raising kids is not for the faint of heart. They do a lot of things that gross me out, but can make me laugh at the same time. I took the kids to run a quick errand and they had shopping carts with a basket underneath and on top. My son wanted to get in the bottom and my daughter wanted to sit on top. All was good and everyone was happy….until my daughter said “I have to go potty”. I said we’ll go right now and as we hustled to the bathrooms, my son shouts out in horror “She pottied on me”. Loud enough that people turned around to look. He jumped out of that basket as fast as he could, declaring over and over that she pottied on him and asking me why she did that. All this time my daughter is just sitting quietly with what looks like a small smirk. I couldn’t help but stifle a small laugh. Even though it is kinda gross, what can you do. It is what it is. Most of the potty was on his jacket thankfully and we hightailed it out of the store to clean everyone up.
I got a small dose of karma for laughing at this event. Just yesterday we were having lunch at my son’s school and my daughter wanted to sit in my lap. I just got done talking about how I was nervous she was going to potty her pants because she had been refusing to go all morning. Not even five minutes had passed that I felt a warm, wetness in my lap. Yup. I shouldn’t have laughed the first time!
Man I hope you don’t mind my blabbering about the events of my life. You can always feel free to skip right to the recipe….I’m sure many of you do! 😉
For this recipe you will be using yellow squash to make the noodles. The squash noodles are quickly becoming a favorite of mine! If you don’t have a Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer
yet, you should consider getting one. I love mine and it’s so easy that my son loves to help me make noodles!
- 1 pound of chicken
- 2-3 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Dash of salt
- 3 yellow squash
- I bunch green onions
- For the Sauce:
- ¼ tsp orange zest
- 1 orange (or you can squeeze the orange if you prefer)
- 1 Tbs coconut aminos
- I clove garlic
- ½ tsp grated ginger or 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs arrowroot
- ¼ plus 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs honey (optional)
- In one small bowl mix the egg and coconut milk.
- Put the coconut flour and salt in another small bowl.
- Heat 1-2 Tbs coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cut up the chicken and place in the egg wash; then dredge through the coconut flour and place it in the skillet.
- Cook about 5-7 minutes per side or until there is no longer any pink when you cut through the chicken.
- While that is cooking prepare the sauce, by mixing all ingredients, except the arrowroot, well in a blender.
- Add the sauce to a small saucepan along with the arrowroot and heat on medium until it becomes thick and bubbly.
- Use the 6 MM spiralizer to make the squash noodles.
- Heat in a large skillet for 2-3 minutes until warm and still a bit firm.
- To the noodles with the chicken, sauce, and green onions and enjoy!
Looking for another great Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicerrecipe? Try this bacon and butternut squash noodles.