At night I have every intention of going to bed at 10…10:30 at the latest, but lately I find myself up until midnight without even realizing it! It’s crazy! I think I need a new routine. Right now I tend to get on my iPad since I try to use it as little as possible during the day. Sometimes I work on my blog or read other blogs that I follow. Other times I look up completely frivolous stuff like swimsuits, dresses, and skirts when it’s 5 degrees out! We are getting down to -5 tonight. Ugh….I’m over it. Other times I surf the net to educate myself on something or diagnose something. Anyone else do that? My daughter fell and bit through her lip so I have to research if there is something that can be done or if it heals on it’s own. The information we can get in an instant is amazing! I remember writing a research paper citing actual books! No old jokes please. 😉 By the time my kids are in school I bet they won’t have physical books, but tablets. Of course there are many positives and negatives to this….wow I’m rambling!
If you are still reading (thanks) I guess my point is that those late nights make for rough mornings! Even more reason to make this Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino!
- ½ banana frozen into chunks
- 1 cup up strong coffee brewed and frozen into 6 ice cubes
- ¾ cup to 1 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 drops pure peppermint extract
- I Tbs canned coconut milk (optional) open can and place in the fridge overnight.
- Place all of ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- Top with some canned coconut milk if desired. Scoop out the thick cream on top and stir with a spoon until thick and creamy.
If you like peppermint mocha like I do, then try these cute peppermint mocha cookies.