Happy, happy Friday to everyone! I hope you had a great week. I am looking forward to the weekend and the start of February. We are slowly getting closer to spring! Yay! Does anyone else gain weight in the winter? I have put on five pounds and am having a hard time losing it. Maybe I should eat more like I do in the summer! I prefer a lot of salads and light meals in the summer, while I like a lot of Paleo breads, soups, and stews in the winter. Do your eating habits change with the seasons? I’m also outside all.the.time in the summer moving around, while I tend to be curled up under a blanket much of the winter. Come on spring; I miss you!
So I’m sure most of you are gearing up for the Super Bowl! Is anyone hosting a party or bringing a dish somewhere? I would live to hear what you are making! I’m going to make some chicken sweet potato skins, mini squash pizzas, teriyaki pineapple meatballs, and buffalo chicken dip. The last one is definitely not Paleo, but a request from my hubby, so I’m going to make it. I honestly don’t watch too much football anymore. It was a lot more fun watching it before I had kids, out with friends, and a couple of beers. But I will be tuning in on Sunday night. Hopefully it’s a close game. There is nothing worse than a blowout.
- I butternut squash
- Whatever meat or veggie toppings you like.
- For the sauce:
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel the squash and slice the straight part into ½ nice thick slices. I was able to get 6 pizzas with my squash. This will depend upon how big the squash is and how thin you slice it.
- Bake the squash on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes.
- While that is baking, cook your meats on the stovetop and sauté your veggies.
- Then prepare the pizza sauce by mixing all the pizza ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove the squash and top with sauce and toppings and place back in the oven.
- Broil for 2-5 minutes checking often. It is very easy to burn food when broiling….trust me!
- Remove and enjoy!
Have leftover squash? Make some Paleo eggs in a basket for breakfast.