Well how was everyone’s Christmas? I’m curious what everyone had to eat. We made a ham and parsnips on Christmas Eve, which was delicious! On Christmas morning we had biscuits and gravy from PaleoOMG and just snacked on ham throughout the day. I also made some delicious chocolate and coconut pudding! I’ll have to share those recipes soon! Our Christmas was low key. We just stayed at home all day. We had some family over on Christmas Eve and more family will be coming on the 4th. So our Christmas celebration continues!
Before going Paleo I loved ham and bean soup! Really loved it! But unfortunately it hated me! This creation of ham and no bean soup tastes just like the original! It’s thick and creamy texture tastes just like mashed beans. The only difference is my body (and family) thanks me for eating this version instead!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 cups of water
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 cups cooked ham diced
- Ham bone
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot add one cup of water and turn to high heat.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and add it to the stockpot.
- Once the water starts to boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 10-15 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- While that is cooking, peel and chop the carrots, and chop the ham.
- Remove the cauliflower from the stove, add the remaining 3 cups of water and blend well using an immersion blender or blending in batches. You will want the texture to be completely smooth.
- Add the ham, carrots, ham bone, and salt and pepper to the cauliflower purée.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then lower heat to low/medium and simmer uncovered for one hour.
- You can also cook this soup in a crockpot. After blending the cauliflower add all ingredients to a crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high 4-5 hours.
If you like this soup, try this loaded potato soup!