Oh jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way! Are you in the Christmas spirit? What are some fun things you do with your family and friends this time of year? One thing I love to do is drive around and look at the lights. We don’t put lights outside our house, but I’ll happily enjoy looking at others’ masterpieces. So if you put lights up, thank you! I also love going to the zoo during Christmas. This has become one of our favorite traditions. It’s fun to get all bundled up and see the animals, and enjoy a warm beverage on a cold evening. We haven’t done that yet, but we are planning to soon! I’m excited to add more traditions and memories this time of year. Really, spending time with family and friends is the best part of the season. I hope I never forget that!
During these cold winter days I tend to make a lot of soups, stews, and chili. I really love chili! Any kind of chili. This chili creation is pretty classic and so easy to make. If you are busy this could also be made in a crockpot. It can’t get any better than that!
- 1 onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- Two 28 ounce cans of crushed tomatoes
- One 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 and ½ Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs cumin
- ½ Tbs onion powder
- ½ Tbs garlic powder
- ½ Tbs arrowroot
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ Tbs oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion.
- Place the ground beef and chopped onion in a large pot on medium heat. Cook until brown.
- Drain the fat and add the diced and crushed tomatoes.
- Add all the spices and mix will.
- Heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- You can also cook this in a crockpot. After browning the beef and onions, put everything in a crockpot and heat for 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
If you like chili, then try out this yummy white turkey chili.