Baby it’s cold outside! We had a little snow last night so I met up with a friend and her two kiddos to go sledding today. Look at his face. Pure joy!
It was pretty fun! Mostly…until the end when my two kids started crying, and begging to be picked up. I asked them to carry me because I was too tired to walk, but that didn’t go over well. That’s when I was secretly cursing myself for not bringing the stroller. It usually pays off to be over prepared, but unfortunately I was a bit underprepared today. Thankfully my oldest was happy sitting on my friend’s stroller and I could carry my little one home. Even though the fun sledding ended with crying, I still feel lucky to have these moments with my kids. It is also nice to get out of the house, even in the snow. What is your favorite thing to do when it’s snowing outside? After a day of sledding, I love to snuggle by the fire and read. Well, I would like to read, but the reality is two kids jumping on me as we “snuggle”. I did however get to enjoy this delicious peppermint mocha!
- ½ cup coffee
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ Tbs honey
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa
- 3-5 drops pure peppermint extract
- Brew your coffee.
- In a small saucepan heat the raw honey on medium low heat.
- Once the honey is melted add the cocoa and mix well until it is completely incorporated into a chocolate sauce.
- Add the milk an mix well.
- Add the coffee and mix.
- Heat for another minute or two and pour into a mug!
- You can drizzle a little more canned coconut milk on top and swirl. Enjoy!
Pair this delicious drink with some cranberry apple scones for a yummy breakfast!