Wow, that weekend went by quickly! They often seem to fly by. Even though I stay home with our kids, I really look forward to the weekend and spending time with my husband (and getting a break to do stuff solo). Although my solo time was spent shampooing the carpets in one room…twice, it was glorious! I know, what a boring weekend, huh! We have plenty of exciting things coming up, so the boring weekends don’t bother me. Cleaning by myself is actually enjoyable in a weird way. I like seeing the finished result of cleaning, and be able to just think. I really need time alone each day to recharge. Do you need alone time each day? What do you do? Do you enjoy some coffee in the morning by yourself? I love those mornings!
I love coffee! I usually just have mine with a little almond milk, coconut milk, or my favorite, canned coconut milk. But sometimes I like to change it up and make flavored coffee. I’m not a stranger to Starbucks, but I’d rather make my own delicious coffees while staying Paleo, and saving some money at the same time. I came up with this copycat Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino this weekend and have made it three days in a row! It’s great as a snack, or I even had it for lunch on Saturday. Share it with someone or enjoy it by yourself. It’s pretty big, but I won’t tell if you drink it all.
- 2 cups almond or coconut milk
- 100% canned or fresh pumpkin frozen into 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup strong coffee frozen into 6 ice cubes
- 1 banana broken into chunks and frozen
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Canned coconut milk
- Freeze all of the necessary ingredients above.
- Open a can of full fat coconut milk and place it in the fridge overnight to thicken up.
- Place ½ cup of almond or coconut milk plus all ingredients (except for the canned coconut milk) in your food processor and blend.
- As the ice cubes and bananas start to break down add more milk, ½ cup at a time, until you add all 2 cups of milk.
- Pour into your cup(s).
- In a small dish scoop out some of the thick coconut cream from the canned coconut milk. Stir a little with a spoon until it resembles whipped cream. Dollop on your pumpkin frappuccino and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!
Pair this pumpkin Frappuccino up with some pumpkin donut holes!