I’ve professed my love for the sweet potato in other posts. I know some people that eat Paleo do not eat sweet potatoes. Not this girl. I would be a little sad if I couldn’t have sweet potatoes. And who doesn’t like a biscuit? So why not combine these two comfort foods!
I also really love the flexibility of creating a sweet potato biscuit for just one person!
Perfect for breakfast sandwiches (recipes coming soon)!
Do you eat sweet potatoes? What is your favorite recipe?
- ½ cup cooked sweet potato (1 small potato)
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp almond or coconut milk
- ½ Tbs coconut oil
- Poke holes with a fork in the sweet potato and microwave for 5-6 minutes or until it's soft when pierced with a fork. You can also cook it in the oven if desired.
- Scoop out ½ cup cooked sweet potato in a mug and add the remaining ingredients.
- Microwave for 2 and ½ to 3 minutes or until the center is set. You can also choose to bake it a a ramekin or oven safe dish in the oven.
- Let cool and eat straight from the mug or slice up and make a sandwich.
Love sweet potatoes as much as I do? Try this recipe out!