This is such a simple recipe. Sometimes simple is good! For me it’s great because I often have my one and three year old at my feet asking, no not asking, but begging for food! I swear I feed them. Quite often, actually! They must love my food so much that they just always want more! At least that’s what I tell myself! That was certainly the case with this Paleo Pumpkin Pudding! I made two servings of this yummy dessert to appease the beasts, while I made a third serving to photograph. While I was trying to take some pictures, both of my kiddos scarfed their bowls of pumpkin pudding down and were again at my feet begging for more! I am not joking! While my hubby sat back and chuckled, I attempted to get a decent shot of this delicious dessert without the little baby hands in the picture pawing for more!
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup 100% canned or puréed pumpkin
- ½ to 1 tsp cinnamon (depending on your love of cinnamon!)
- 1 to 2 Tbs melted coconut butter (depending on how thick you like your pudding) A reader has also subbed canned coconut milk in place of the coconut butter.
- 1 tsp or more of pure maple syrup (optional)
- Optional toppings:
- Raisins, walnuts, and/or melted coconut butter
- Melt the coconut butter by immersing your closed jar in hot water. Or you could scoop it out and microwave it in a small glass dish.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You can also use an immersion blender or just mash the banana with a fork and mix well.
- Add optional toppings if desired and enjoy this pumpkin-y goodness!
LOVE pumpkin as much as I do? Then you must try the pumpkin mug muffin for breakfast or a treat!