Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin! I’m getting fall fever! Too bad it’s still 90’s outside. Some people might gasp when I say that! What? Summer is awesome. I agree, it is awesome, but I like change! I’m ready for the next season. Bring on fall! Bring on the pumpkin and other great healthy recipes like this fast and easy Paleo Pumpkin oatmeal! Bring on the soups and stews! Bring on trips to the apple orchard! Bring on trips to the zoo without sweating! What about you? Do you like change? What is your favorite fall food? This might be a new breakfast favorite!
We decided to enjoy our pumpkin oatmeal outside this morning. I told my son to get his shoes on and he came out the door like this! He said he was a gecko and the oven mitts were his gecko feet! Kids are so funny! My little gecko enjoyed his Paleo Pumpkin ‘oatmeal’! We hope you enjoy it too!
You won’t find any oats in this Paleo oatmeal, but the texture reminds me of the old favorite. It’s a great breakfast that’s super quick and easy! That’s important if you are not a morning person like me….someday I will train myself to be an early riser!
- ½ of a banana
- 2 Tbs coconut flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin (pumpkin should be the only ingredient)
- ½ tsp pure maple syrup (optional for extra sweetness)
- Pumpkin seeds, raisins, walnuts (optional)
- Mash the banana in a medium saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Turn the stove on medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the banana is completely smooth and incorporated into the oatmeal.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with, raisins, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds.
- Pretend it’s fall and eat up!