I have been experimenting with different flavors of the mug muffin I created and came up with this delicious pumpkin mug muffin recipe!
I love pumpkin! I think my daughter does too! She is licking the bowl of pumpkin…that’s my girl!
Pumpkin makes me excited for fall! I know it’s only August, but a pumpkin muffin seems necessary! My son thinks so too. My little Superman is helping me make these easy Pumpkin Mug Muffins for breakfast. I love that he is getting interested in helping me cook! Maybe he will be more willing to try new things…I can hope!
Fall is just around the corner and it is my favorite season. I love wearing jeans, boots, and sweaters without it being so cold you need a coat. I also love the idea of sitting around a campfire and roasting Paleo marshmallows (if they exist…send me a recipe please). Notice, I said the idea, because we haven’t been camping since our kids were born….maybe this fall! I also love going to the zoo and talking long walks, and just being outside in the fall. It’s just so beautiful! What is your favorite season?
- ½ banana
- ½ T coconut oil
- ½ T maple syrup (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1 t baking powder
- Dash of salt
- ½ t cinnamon
- 2 T canned pumpkin
- 1-2 T raisins
- 1-2 T walnuts
- Melt the banana in the microwave for one minute. It should be soft and mushy.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup (optional) to the banana and mix until its melted.
- In a mug mix the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the banana mixture to the mug, along with the egg, and pumpkin. Mix very well.
- Stir in the raisins and walnuts if desired.
- Microwave 2 to 2 and ½ minutes.
- Eat straight from the mug or dump out and slice.
- I like it sliced with coconut oil, cinnamon, and a dash of salt spread on top. Yum!
- You can also bake this in the oven. I usually quadruple the recipe, and decrease the baking powder to 2 tsp. I put the batter in eight greased jumbo muffin tins or ramekins and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!