Pumpkin Mug Muffin

I have been experimenting with different flavors of the mug muffin I created and came up with this delicious pumpkin mug muffin recipe!

Pumpkin mug muffin MellowMomma

I love pumpkin! I think my daughter does too! She is licking the bowl of pumpkin…that’s my girl!

image

Pumpkin makes me excited for fall! I know it’s only August, but a pumpkin muffin seems necessary! My son thinks so too. My little Superman is helping me make these easy Pumpkin Mug Muffins for breakfast. I love that he is getting interested in helping me cook! Maybe he will be more willing to try new things…I can hope!

image

Fall is just around the corner and it is my favorite season. I love wearing jeans, boots, and sweaters without it being so cold you need a coat. I also love the idea of sitting around a campfire and roasting Paleo marshmallows (if they exist…send me a recipe please). Notice, I said the idea, because we haven’t been camping since our kids were born….maybe this fall! I also love going to the zoo and talking long walks, and just being outside in the fall. It’s just so beautiful! What is your favorite season?

image

5.0 from 1 reviews

Pumpkin Mug Muffin

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Looking for a quick breakfast or treat? Cook up this yummy muffin for one!
Author:
: Breakfast
Serves: 1
Ingredients
  • ½ banana
  • ½ T coconut oil
  • ½ T maple syrup (optional)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 T coconut flour
  • 1 t baking powder
  • Dash of salt
  • ½ t cinnamon
  • 2 T canned pumpkin
  • 1-2 T raisins
  • 1-2 T walnuts
Directions
  1. Melt the banana in the microwave for one minute. It should be soft and mushy.
  2. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup (optional) to the banana and mix until its melted.
  3. In a mug mix the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
  4. Add the banana mixture to the mug, along with the egg, and pumpkin. Mix very well.
  5. Stir in the raisins and walnuts if desired.
  6. Microwave 2 to 2 and ½ minutes.
  7. Eat straight from the mug or dump out and slice.
  8. I like it sliced with coconut oil, cinnamon, and a dash of salt spread on top. Yum!
  9. You can also bake this in the oven. I usually quadruple the recipe, and decrease the baking powder to 2 tsp. I put the batter in eight greased jumbo muffin tins or ramekins and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!

Posted under: Breakfast, Paleo Recipes, Snacks

Tagged as: , , , , , , , ,

10 comments

• Teri on November 7, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

Hey Eliza, this sounds really yummy! Have you come up with one that has some extra protein in it yet? I would love to know if you have! BTW, what program/app did you use for your printable recipe? Thanks!

• MellowMomma on November 10, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

Thanks Teri! I haven’t come up with one with extra protein yet. I really don’t use protein powders at this point. Sorry. But I’m sure you can try subbing some of the coconut flour for protein powder! I use the EasyRecipe plugin. I love it! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you keep coming back! :)

• Linda on January 28, 2014 at 3:27 pm said:

This turned out really great, and I plan to share it with a friend! I did want to check with you about the leavening, though. The recipe calls for 1 t. of baking powder (which sounded like too much for my altitude, so I used 1/2 t.). But when you mentioned multiplying the recipe at the end, you referred to baking SODA. Just thought I’d check which you use.

Your recipes look really good, and I plan to try more. :)

• MellowMomma on February 1, 2014 at 12:24 pm said:

I’m glad it turned out well and thanks for sharing! Thanks for letting me know about my error. I will update that ASAP. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my recipes! :)

• JuleneTheGypsy on October 24, 2014 at 6:47 pm said:

Absolutely delicious! After 3 failed attempts at making mug cakes (one of which exploded), this was going to be my final attempt if it didn’t turn out. Thank goodness for this recipe! I used honey instead of maple syrup and drizzled honey over the top with roasted pecans. Not too sweet, not too dry or gooey, just perfect. Thanks!

• MellowMomma on October 29, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

Why thank you! I’m glad it worked so well, and didn’t explode like one of the others you made! That sounds delicious drizzled with honey and topped with roasted pecans. I will have to try that.