I just got back from the BlogHer13 conference. It was pretty amazing, but also overwhelming for a newbie like me! I met some pretty awesome women, blogging about some great things. I felt like I learned way more things just talking to other bloggers than from most of the sessions. So ladies if you are out there and reading this, many thanks to you! I hope I get to pay it forward as I learn more about the blogging world.
I absolutely loved the keynote speakers! Especially Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman. She is hilarious! I don’t know how she does it though: blogging, doing a TV show, writing books, renovating part of her town, and homeschooling her children! She must have a cape under her shirt because she is simply amazing! Guy Kawasaki author of APE was motivational, making me think that I could and should write that book I’ve been thinking about. And Sheryl Sandberg author of Lean In was truly inspiring, making me want to read her book NOW, and do what I can for the equality of women. I now have more books to add to my LONG list of books to read. I need an app for that! Any suggestions?
I also can’t forget Queen Latifah! She is a pretty amazing woman and the perfect host for the Voices of the Year Reception, where bloggers were recognized for outstanding posts. These posts tugged at your emotions. They made you laugh, think, and brought tears to your eyes. They were touching and inspirational! I am officially motivated and have more work to do than I ever expected! All this talk about work makes me hungry :). How about this delicious mug muffin. Mmmmmmmm.
- 2 Tbs coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- ½ banana
- ½ Tbs coconut oil
- ½ tsp raw honey
- ½ Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 T sliced almonds
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- Place ½ banana in a small glass dish and microwave for one minute. It should be soft and mushy.
- Put the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt in a mug and mix together.
- Once the banana is done, add the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla to the banana and mix. It should all be melted with the heat of the banana.
- Add the banana mixture and 1 egg to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Now add the almonds and dried cherries and stir. Microwave for 2 to 2and ½ minutes or until the center is set.
- Let cool for a minute, then dump the muffin onto a plate or eat straight from the mug and enjoy!
- Note: if you don’t want to use a microwave skip the directions above and blend all the ingredients in a food processor except the cherries and almonds. Stir those in once the other ingredients are well blended. Cook in a well greased muffin pan or two ramekins at 350 for 15-25 minutes (depending upon the size of your cooking container). The center should be cooked through. Insert a toothpick in the center and it should come out clean.